Gaiacraft : Advanced Permaculture Course : All Seasons
Permaculture design is a system of assembling conceptual, material and strategic components in a pattern which functions to benefit life in all its forms – Bill Mollison
Already have your Permaculture Design Certificate and ready to take the next step in your Permaculture Education? Join an advanced learning guild in a uniquely creative, flexible and accessible design program.
- Advanced Permaculture Curriculum
- 2 year Mapping and Design Project
- Community Green Map
- Teaching Practice
- Design Charrettes
- Garden, Farm and Forest visits
- Potlucks and New Media
This participant driven program can be done from a distance and includes optional in person meet ups in Roberts Creek on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia every season for 30 months.
The course is a social permaculture vehicle for carrying you through this time of transition. It offers a dynamic learning pathway for evolving your ability to design, practice, consult and teach using the permaculture toolkit.
FLEXIBLE ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDE :
* Begin, or continue to make, a permaculture map of your home, land, life, business or project of your choice including elements, plant and animal lists, as well as zone and sector analysis, on your own or along with family, friends or allies.
* Begin, or continue to make, a permaculture design of your home, land, life, business or project of your choice utilizing ethics, principles, attitudes, design methods, strategies, techniques and tools from permaculture on your own or along with family, friends or allies.
* Begin, or continue to, apply your site design and document that work with photographs and small bits of text when you are inspired to on your own or along with family, friends or allies.
* Begin or continue to make a permaculture map for of your neighbourhood, community or region as part of a relocalization and resilience assessment including a listing of conscious local goods and services that may benefit you, on your own or along with family, friends or allies.
Includes eight books on topics of : Permaculture Design, four season organic gardening, enthnobotany, medicine making, food preservation book, traditional land use practices, native plants, community design, social permaculture, transition, economics, governance or education.
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register
There are optional seasonal in-person meet ups in Roberts Creek, BC which includes tours of gardens, farms and forest locations in all seasons. People will have a chance to share with the group what they are up to and have opportunities to facilitate activities if they choose.
Facilitator : Delvin Solkinson is community gardener and plant poet dedicated to bringing creativity to the permaculture movement by creating free open source learning and teaching tools. He has completed a PDC, Diploma and Masters Degree with Bill Mollison and done advanced teacher trainings with Rosemary Morrow, David Holmgren, Geoff Lawton, Patricia Michael, Robyn Francis, the Bullock Brothers, Tom Ward, Jude Hobbs, Larry Santoyo, Scott Pittman, Michael Becker, Robin Wheeler, Starhawk, Looby Macnamara, Robina McCurdy and Robin Clayfield. He is an accredited teacher through the Permaculture Research Institute (Australia), Permaculture Association (UK) and a Field Mentor through the Permaculture Institute. Recently he completed a PDC in Portland with Toby Hemenway, one in Greece with Rosemary Morrow and a second Diploma through the Permaculture Institute. Currently he is doing graduate work under the mentorship of Larry Santoyo and Looby Macnamara. Learn more:
- Delvin CV http://gaiacraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/CV-2017.pdf
- Food Forest Class Book http://gaiacraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Bullocks-Homestead-APDC.pdf
- Learning Plan 2017 http://gaiacraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/01-Diploma-2017-Learning-Pathway-.pdf
- Land Map and Design 2017 http://gaiacraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/04-Diploma-2017-Heart-Gardens.pdf
- Social Permaculture Map and Design 2017 http://gaiacraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/03-Diploma-2017-Taking-Classes.pdf
Delvin’s Advanced Permaculture All-Seasons 2.5 year course was a delightful cornupeia of blessings for me: I made excellent connections with the creme-de-la-creme of local permaculture folks, as well as some of the top permaculture people in the world (Becker, Hemingway, Pitman, Santoyo). The spacing allowed me to work deeply on my design projects with Delvin mentoring me monthly with just the right proportion of encouragement and challenge.
– Bruno Vernier, Permametrics www.permametrics.org
Delvin Solkinson is a profound mentor who, post PDC, has provided an incredible way to continue on the permaculture path while learning from and inspiring others in the local and international communities. His gentle guidance and consistently helpful monthly feedback continues to motivate my own progress as do all the visionaries in my class.
Infinite gratitude for the continued opportunity to meet, mutually inspire and aspire with others on permaculture adventures! The advance course filled a gap that appeared when I finished my PDC by providing me with a container to document and share in my own journey while allowing me to continue learning from Delvin and other brilliant beings. buzzzzzzz…..
– Dana Wilson Mortal Coil Media www.mortalcoilmedia.com
My investment in this program has been totally amazing and worthwhile and game changing! I really appreciate that this program is accessible and flexible. I also appreciate all the updates and reminders you give us every month to get inspired and give a little kick in the butt.
– Melissa Flint Garden Love Affair www.gardenloveaffair.blogspot.ca
The Advanced Permaculture course has guided me to stay on track with my permaculture learning path and has encouraged me to push my edges with projects and achieving my goals. Since starting the program, i have started to teach design courses, school programming and other courses. Connecting for in person meet ups seasonally has offered me an opportunity to learn from and be inspired by others. All of the documentation that i have been creating as part of the process has boosted my CV exponentially and allowed me opportunities on the path that i would have never dreamed. I highly recommend this program.
– Kym Chi www.gigglingchitree.com